Food poisoning is so common now a day that we can hear or read about them every other day. Food poisoning affects our body when we consume contaminated foods. If it’s not due to your negligence that you are affected by the disease and you can prove some other person guilty, you can ask for food poisoning compensation claims.
Here are some of the rules that you should follow in order to get rid of food poisoning –
- Always wash your hands as well as utensils, containers and cutting boards before cooking different foods.
- Refrigerated and frozen foods should be kept at respective places and should not be kept out at normal temperature for long time.
- Thorough cooking of foods is suggested by doctors to avoid food poisoning. Foods like beef, pork, and lamb should never be cooked under the internal temperature of 160°F and poultries and thighs below 180°F.
- Remains of food that is meant to use in future should be refrigerated as soon as possible. Such foods should not be kept at normal temperature for more than 2 hours.
- While you are shopping foods and food products, shop the frozen foods like meat, fish before checking out and make sure to put them in the freezer as soon as you return home.
- Always use cutting boards that come with an even surface and not with cracks.
- The best place to store raw meat is in leak proof containers or at the bottom of the freezers that will prevent the juices from falling on other foods.
- Make separate sections in refrigerator as well as in kitchen for cooked and uncooked foods and never let them mix up. This increases the chances of being contaminated.
- Frozen sea foods or foods that come in cans should be bought with extra care and it should be noticed that the pack is intact and not dented, open, torn, or crashed.
- Outdated foods should be strictly avoided even if it is outdated by a single day.
- Unpasteurized milks and other dairy products should also be avoided to a great extent.
A legal advice might just come handy if you are looking for compensations due to food poisoning as the task of earning the claim is quite troublesome. Collect all the proofs and witnesses, avail the best legal advice and you are ready for food poisoning compensation claims.